Tips and Tools for Eating and Staying Healthy During the Holidays
The holidays bring out a spirit of joy and goodwill. This time of year we celebrate our successes of the past year and look forward with anticipation and hope for the upcoming new year. We celebrate by filling our calendars with parties and gatherings and often over-filling our bellies with food and drinks. Smells from the kitchen immediately take us to a very happy place and flood our thoughts of good times. Decorated cookies, candies and delicious meals are symbols, like little rewards, for a year of hard work, sacrifice and giving. Occasional indulging will not completely sabotage your weight loss efforts, but a pattern of excess and “eating until gone” will. What can you do to avoid the pitfalls of holiday overeating and weight gain?
You can stay on the wagon!
Not to fear, not all holiday gobbling should have you completely falling off the wagon.
You can still:
- enjoy gatherings around food and drink
- fill your home with the smells of baking
- indulge once in a while on meals that you only really cook this time of year
- drink and be merry
The Tips and Tools
- Incompatible behavior! Do activities where eating cannot be involved! Running, exercising, talking on the phone, crafting, taking a walk, taking a shower, sit in the hot tub or bath, engage in any activity where eating would not really work during your activity. As a bonus, doing most of these incompatible behaviors will also help contribute to your mental and physical health and overall well being. Eating food you don’t need AND increasing your activity level is a win-win for wellness and weight loss!
- Take your medicine! Use the medications and supplements from our clinic to help you reduce your intake and mitigate some of the high carbohydrate and excessive food choices.
- Cell Press is a natural supplement that will help you feel fuller. Take before meals or events with a glass of water to help with portion control.
- Carb Tek Carb Blocker, another natural supplement we carry, will help keep your carb and sugar calories in check by limiting their absorption rate. We carry both products at a very affordable rate to make them easily accessible to you while you are working on losing weight.
- PHENhance helps support the benefits of Phentermine while minimizing some of the most common side effects including irritability and mood swings. It also enhances the efficacy of Phentermine without increasing the dosage. PHENhance can be used as a standalone alternative to help boost energy, metabolism and appetite control.
- Drink More Water! Increase your water intake during the holiday season. Many of your meals this time of year have higher sodium and carbohydrate contents and water will help flush and replenish your system.
- Enjoy the Season! Get out, visit with your friends and families. Take a trip! Take many walks in the beautiful, cooler weather. Reflect on your year and make some great plans and goals for the upcoming year. Positive thinking, feeling loved, and being close with friends and family can decrease your cortisol (stress hormone) levels and increase serotonin (a chemical in our brains that can affect mood) levels. These can affect your overall health and weight. You will be a healthier and happier you when your body is functioning at it’s best.
- Get Back On Track Fast! When the holidays are over, it’s time to really get back on track. We will ALL be getting back on track after the holidays and we will be here to help you every step of your way! Come in and get back to a slimmer and healthier you!
from Premiere Weight Loss Center of Bradenton!